The Woodland Valley Centre
The Woodland Valley Centre is the gateway between the Valley Gardens and Riftswood. It is manned by the ranger service, who oversee the care of the valley’s woods.
- Interpretative and educational visitor centre in the heart of Saltburn Valley
- Woodland walks and full programme of events
- Permanent Orienteering Course in the Valley Gardens
- Covered Bird-watching Facilities
- A Nature Club for 9-12 year olds
- Green Flag Award Winner, 2007/8
Threat of Closure
When the Woodland Centre came under threat of closure in 2010, due to the financial crisis, the local community rallied to its defence. A petition was circulated around the town, garnering over 1,500 signatures, a Facebook Page was established gaining 199 “fans” and in late March the campaign was a success with the council withdrawing plans to close the centre within the last few weeks.
Monday to Friday, 10:00 – 16:00
Sundays (Alternate), 10:00 – 16:00 (Please Call to Confirm)
Call 01287 622 408 to arrange group bookings.
Where can I find it?