The Woodland Valley Centre
Jump to: Facilities | Opening Times | Directions The Woodland Valley Centre is the gateway between the Valley Gardens and Riftswood. It is manned by the ranger service, who oversee the care of the valley's woods.
- Interpretative and educational visitor centre in the heart of Saltburn Valley
- Woodland walks and full programme of events
- Permanent Orienteering Course in the Valley Gardens
- Covered Bird-watching Facilities
- A Nature Club for 9-12 year olds
- Green Flag Award Winner, 2007/8
Threat of ClosureWhen the Woodland Centre came under threat of closure in 2010, due to the financial crisis, the local community rallied to its defence. A petition was circulated around the town, garnering over 1,500 signatures, a Facebook Page was established gaining 199 "fans" and in late March the campaign was a success with the council withdrawing plans to close the centre within the last few weeks.
Opening TimesMonday to Friday, 10:00 - 16:00 Sundays (Alternate), 10:00 - 16:00 (Please Call to Confirm) Call 01287 622 408 to arrange group bookings.
Where can I find it?