Saltburn Miniature Railway
The Saltburn Minature Railway was established in 1947 as a tourist attraction, which it remains so until this day thanks to the hard work of the volunteers of the Saltburn Minature Railway Association.
The line is a 1ft 3″ (381mm) Gauge and runs for 0.5 miles (800m) between two stations. The one way journey takes 15 minutes and costs £1 for adults and 50 pence for children one way.
- Cat Nab (by the beach)
- Forest Halt (by the Italian Gardens)
The Prince Charles
Commissioned in 1953 the Prince Charles was manufactured by H N Barlow, it is a streamlined steam outline, painted Apple green. It remains the railway’s principle engine.
Commissioned in 1994 the George Outwaite was manufactured by Saltburn Miniature Railway Association, it is a steam outline, painted red. It is the railway’s shunting and works engine.
Commissioned in 1972, it arrived in 2006 but is not yet in service. Manufactured by Artisair, it is a steam outline, painted LNER green and is currently ongoing extensive reconstruction.
Read more about the project here
Easter Sun to 30 September: Every Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Mondays 13:00 – 17:00.
Main school holidays: everyday except Mondays 13:00 – 17:00.
The first train out is normally at 13:00 from Cat Nab Station.
The last train back is 16:45 from Forest Halt Station.
Trains run every 15 minutes from either station.